Step 1: Complimentary Design Consultation
The Design Consultation generally lasts an hour and provides an opportunity for your Designer to get a sense for your feelings about your current kitchen, your desires for your new kitchen, and what features you would like incorporated into your design. You are invited to download a project planning guide that will help you organize your thoughts.
Bring with you to your Design Consultation:
- Your completed project planning guide and/or measurements of the space
- Photos, notes, magazine articles, etc. of your dream design
What to Expect
We will discuss your design ideas and make preliminary cabinetry, countertops, appliances and other selections. We will also discuss and help you establish a budget.
Step 2: In-Home Design Visit
We visit your home to measure and perform a site inspection of your space to ensure precise fit and finish of the final product. There is a nominal fee for this visit which will be credited towards the purchase price of your project.
Step 3: 3D Rendering Technology
Once you decide to proceed with Sycamore Kitchens & More, we will:
- Provide professional planning and design services, including 3D computer-aided floor plans, elevations and perspective shop drawings
- Meet to discuss design, product selections and pricing options, as well as any modifications you would like to make
- Provide an exact price upon final selection of design, products, and services
- Have you sign the proposal and provide a deposit. The standard deposit is the cost of cabinetry with typical progress payments at the installation start, during cabinetry installation and at project completion
Step 4: Installation
A sample Kitchen Remodeling Schedule includes the following:
- Cabinetry ordered (cabinets are made-to-order and take approximately 4 to 5 weeks)
- Apply for permits (if required)
- Materials delivered and inspected. Remove existing kitchen and make any changes as specified in contract. Rough-in of plumbing and electrical and municipal inspections (if required)
- Replace or repair any drywall affected by construction
- Install cabinetry
- Template and install countertop
- Install appliances complete plumbing and electrical
- Install backsplash and flooring
- Final cleaning and polish
Step 5: Final Inspection
Your new kitchen transformation is now complete! A full, final inspection will be conducted and all warranties will be explained. All of our products have exceptional warranties to protect this investment in your home.
At Sycamore Kitchens & More, we work hard to plan out your kitchen remodeling project steps, schedules and processes in advance in order to make certain we meet (and exceed) our clients’ goals and objectives.
Here are a handful of steps we’ll cover with our clients to ensure they receive “Bucks’ best kitchen remodeling experience”:
- Establishing a Project Management Schedule: Our scheduling process delineates a clear cadence of steps, in order to provide our clients with a solid understanding of their projects’ progress – and “what’s next” on the timeline.
- Providing One Key Point-of-Contact and Team Identification: Sycamore Kitchens & More assigns each client one key point person who will oversee all subcontractors on site and is available to call on a daily basis with any questions. Clients also will know specifically what subcontractors will be on site each day.
- Instituting Construction Site Safety and Dust Containment Measures: Sycamore Kitchens & More clearly communicates how the construction area will be cordoned off from the rest of the home and how you’ll be able to move through your house. A number of dust-containment measures will be taken to contain work debris and dust, and work site clean-up will be conducted at the end of each day.
- Scheduling On-Site Meetings in Advance: In addition to daily discussions, setting up specific on-site meetings to review progress is often needed. These meetings may involve reviewing a tile-setters approaches to layout, as there are a number of different ways to set tile, or an electrical walk-through on the day the electrician sets boxes and can lights so everyone can review their placement and function before wires are run.
- Providing an Organized Set of Completed Project Documentation and Warranties: We ensure that our clients have the appropriate documentation and end-of-project paperwork neatly organized and compiled. This paperwork oftentimes include such things as copies of inspection reports, lien releases, marked-up plans with as-builts on plumbing and other utilities, operating manuals for installed equipment, a list of subcontractors and contact info, care for things such as countertops and tile and a well-marked electrical panel.
Winning kitchen design awards is, of course, very flattering – and at Sycamore Kitchens we’ve won quite a few. But at the end of the day, it’s what our customers say that really excite us.
Find great information in the “Cabinetry Care Guide” by Yorktowne Cabinetry®.